April 26, 2020
Hello Grace Church Family,
We pray everyone is staying safe and well.
Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 NLT
You may be aware that the governor of Michigan has extended the Stay Home, Stay Safe order until May 15, 2020.
Our congregation is obeying this order for the safety of our community.
The Elders have decided that we will gather together again when it is appropriate for groups greater than 50 to be together.
Our desire is that we may all meet and celebrate our Lord as one body.
We wrestled with this decision as we miss everyone; for our safety, our families' safety and our community's safety we believe this to be the best course of action.
We want our church family and visitors to experience Grace Church as a God centered, Word focused, inviting, welcoming and safe environment for all.
We look forward to this day with great anticipation and excitement!
I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the LORD!”
Psalm 122:1b ESV
During this time of social distancing here are some things we can be doing:
1. Pray for Grace Church as we continue to stay focused in bringing the Word of God each Sunday at 10:34 and daily Facebook check-ins at 11:30.
2. Pray for Pastors Bruce Hunt, Andy LaBo and their families for strength, wisdom, protection, and peace in this difficult time.
3. Stay connected! Many of the Connect groups are still meeting weekly via Zoom. Check out the Church bulletin, Facebook page or Grace website.
4. Stay connected with each other through calling, texting, and/or sending a card!
5. Pray for our Consistory, that they would receive His guidance and wisdom.
6. Pray for each church ministry. Some are still actively serving such as the Praise & Worship team and our wonderful Media team; without them we are not sure how we would be able to stay connected!
7. Pray for Grace Church Finances. Remember you can still give your tithes & offering via Tithely, the Grace Church website (GraceAllenPark.com/give), or by mail.
8. Pray for our world.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and thanksgivings be made for all people,
1 Timothy 2:1 ESV
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed.
The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:16 ESV
May God Bless you and keep you always:
Grace Church Elders:
Jeff Dudlets, VP Consistory
March 27, 2020
Greetings Grace Family -
We live an incredible time in human history. None of us has experienced anything like what we are living through right now. The challenges abound. Our church family will continue to be faithful to the vision and mission that Jesus has us on. The leadership is focused on keeping everyone as safe as possible by supporting social distancing. Together we can help slow the spread of COVID-19.
We would like to invite all of the church family into the following:
- Daily Connect Monday - Saturday at 11:30am on the Grace Church Facebook page.
- Sunday worship will be live-streamed on our website. We encourage everyone to invite their friends and family to tune in by sharing the feed to their news feeds. This may look different as we support social distancing, so please engage with the worship and preaching of the Word of God.
- We invite the whole church family into a time of prayer and fasting this Sunday (March 29, 2020). We will conclude our prayer and fasting with a church wide Zoom call. During our Zoom meeting we will spend time in prayer. This will be a good time to ask any questions you may have of the church leadership team.
- Connect with any and all people the Lord has laid on your heart. A phone call goes a long way. Be the light of Jesus!
- Connect with your Connect Group. Utilize google hangouts and/or facebook video messenger. Live out the biblical one-anothers with high touch and high tech.
Because we are leveraging technology to meet and worship together, we are closing the church building until the social distancing orders are lifted. We are saddened by the fact that this may last through Easter. We are praying and planning for that first Sunday gathering together. We look forward to that awesome time of celebration. Our first Sunday together will be a Resurrection Celebration Sunday!
Thank you everyone for your prayers as we lead through this extraordinary season. Continue to pray and be lights to a dark and anxiety filled world.
Grace and Peace!
Grace Church Elders
March 17, 2020
Greetings Grace Family -
The elders of Grace Church met and made the decision to suspend the in-person worship gatherings for Sunday March 22 and 29, 2020. We will live stream these worship services and encourage you to participate with your families at home. This decision was made to support the social distancing efforts to slow the virus from spreading as encouraged by our federal and state authorities. So what does this really mean?
- You can tune into the live stream here: https://graceallenpark.com/livestream
- We will have our worship band lead us in worship through song.
- We will have a sermon given by Pastor Bruce.
- Gather with your family or Connect Group on Sunday morning. Have a meal and spend time in prayer before and after the service. The service will start at 10:34am.
- Participate in worship via your tithes and offering through our online services at: https://graceallenpark.com/give If you are unable to give this way, please send your tithes and offerings directly to the church via snail mail: 7215 Pelham Road Allen Park, MI 48101
- Participate in the worship service by commenting in the comments section of the live stream. Swipe left to see the chat if watching full screen on a mobile device.
- We can’t wait to see you in the worship gatherings when we resume in-person worship!
This was not an easy decision to make. We strongly believe in the gathering of believers for worship. Hebrews 10: 24-25 states “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Our live stream is a great tool that is reaching people beyond our imagination; and we are grateful that we have this resource.
Pray with us that we can resume normal gatherings April 5, 2020.
Your Grace Church Elders
March 14, 2020
Greetings Grace Family:
Grace Church is a church built on faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
During this turbulent season our faith and trust continues to be unwavering.
We continue to monitor the situation and the information coming from local, state, and national levels regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
We are taking a day-by-day approach to making decisions for gathering times.
There are several statements we would like to make:
· James 5: 16b ESV states, “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working” so let us pray together for the following:
o The elderly and those who are at higher risk of the virus.
o Community, state, and national leaders during this time of crisis.
o All medical and emergency personal who have been directly impacted by the virus.
o Grace leadership as we navigate through a constantly evolving crisis, and that we can lead well.
· Because Grace falls under the 250 maximum gathering number issued by the Governor of Michigan, we will continue to gather for worship on Sunday’s.
· When we gather, we are asking for no personal contact (no hugging, handshaking, etc..)
· Please cover your cough and sneezes with your elbow.
· If you feel sick, please stay home and please call your doctor. You can tune into our Facebook live stream of the worship service here: https://graceallenpark.com/livestream
· Please practice healthy hygiene habits like washing your hands for 20 seconds (sing the ABC song twice).
· Should you choose not to attend worship services, please consider participating in worshipful giving by visiting: https://graceallenpark.com/give
Naturally people run to the church in times of uncertainty. During this time of national crisis, we are all looking for comfort, hope and truth. These very things, comfort, hope and truth, are at the core of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and are what His church offers to the world. These are the very things that Grace Church will offer during this season and beyond. We will update everyone as we learn more.
Grace and Peace,
The Grace Church Elders